Welcome to today’s podcast episode! In this episode, we’re going to discuss the Super Bowl and answer some of your questions!
Whether you watch football, the half-time show is definitely one of the biggest productions to take place each year in the US. If you haven’t had a chance to watch it, you can see the performance here: Shakira & J. Lo’s FULL Pepsi Super Bowl LIV Halftime Show.
Something I like to consider is even though the budget to do this show is huge, they have a lot more space to fill up with lights than you normally would on a smaller stage. This year, I noticed that lasers were incorporated and appreciate the wide variety of looks for the stage as well as the performers. With big performances, always try to explore what you can take from it.
If you would like to check on more about the half-time show there are a couple of interviews with the audio director,
Main Segment (10:00):
Going forward, we will instead be focusing on Learn Stage Lighting Patrons to answer questions. For just a few dollars a month patrons will be able to submit in questions and have them answered within a month period.
- (11:31) Ron writes in and would like to know how he can set up a blackout fader that will also release cuelists and overrides in ONYX.
- (12:55) Shannon writes in and has a question MYDMX still being available.
- (16:35) Pierre writes in and would like a recommendation on a UV light that can be used in a meditation room.
- (19:34) Joe writes in and would like to know what type of lighting suggestions we have for a solo act.
- (24:51) Nitro Mix writes in and wants to know how to adjust the intensity, moving lights, and colors.
- (31:58) Dean writes in and is wanting to update their current interface but would like to get the drawings.
- (36:02) Blane writes in and would like some help on setting up timecode on ONYX.
- (38:35) Johnny writes in and would like to know how to connect his LightKey to his houselights.
Thank you for tuning in today! If you are new here and haven’t checked it out yet be sure to check out the Lighting Quiz. This quiz is designed to answer a few questions that will match you up with a free personalized guide on how to get started with lighting. If you haven’t had a chance yet be sure to check it out!